How to open a door with a paper clip
Most likely, in difficult moments, such as when a door closes and we do not have keys, we do not remember those simple tools or objects that can help us solve these types of problems, especially those objects. that we consider everyday and even insignificant.
In this case, we bring you an article in which we will explain, how to open a door with a paper clip, a simple but very valuable object to open a door without keys.
What is the use of the clip
The methodology focuses on making some lock picks with the clips, they will be our work tools, going through a first step that will be to condition the clips to be able to reach the final step, which will be to work with these homemade lock picks to be able to move the pins that make up the lock.
The pins are accommodated in the teeth or saws of the key, since the latter are designed so that the first ones are all aligned and the door opens.
But, for all this to happen, it will be necessary to have two clips, the ones we use at work, the office, in short, those clips that allow us to organize and file papers.
Understanding that, we start with the first step.
1. Conditioning the clips
Before starting to condition the clips, we must take into account that the ones we are going to choose should not have plastic coating, because it is possible that this type of material is an impediment for the clips to do their job well. Also, that surface can break inside the lock with friction and cause it to lock.
Of course, if you have no other option, and all the clips have a plastic cover, it should be removed with a knife to avoid future inconveniences.
Having solved this, we can begin to condition the clips, following the following steps:
- We must take one of the clips and unroll it completely.
- Then, using a tweezers, we bend the clip so that its ends are joined at one end and that it is curved at the other. As well as a hairpin.
- To continue we cross one end with the other, forming a kind of loop, the clip must be in the shape of an L, and it will be our first tool and we will use it as a lever, serving as support to keep the system stable.
- For the second clip, only the first turn of the clip must be unrolled, so that we have an area with which we can easily manipulate this second tool.
Not yet we’re done with the second clip.
- To finish we take the tip that we have left of it and bend it up counting about 4 centimeters from the tip of the wire.
This piece of clip that we have bent must be opposite to the original curvature of the element.
2. Deploying the clips
If we are looking for any tutorial for the use of lock picks, they will recommend us to be patient and work very calmly. This is because the use of lock picks requires a certain degree of training to achieve quick results when working.
In addition, the senses must be prepared to be able to have a good touch and perceive the signals that the lock gives us, in this way, it is possible to know how our progress is going and at what point in the process. Taking this into account, we can proceed with the following steps:
- We will start working with the clip that we have molded into an L shape. This will be located in the lower or widest part of the keyhole, that is, the hole where the key is inserted.
- Then, we turn the end of the clip that has been left out in the direction where the lock opens and we maintain pressure on it, without exceeding ourselves as this will make the movement tighten the pins and they cannot move.
- Later, we will work with the second clip that we have conditioned, so that we place it on the previous clip in the thinnest area of the keyhole. In addition, it must be inserted with the tip bent upwards, since that will be in charge of hitting the pins.
This will be possible while we are making movements from the bottom up to go hitting the pins, starting with the one closest to our location.
The pins inside the mechanism emit certain sounds that give us more or less an idea of how the process is going, while we are working on them. For this reason, we indicated a few steps higher, that we should have sharpened touch and hearing.
This is because the pins emit the sound of the spring they contain, which is like a creaking noise. We will listen to this sound until the pin is leveled; at that point the sound is different, like a “click”, and it is the signal that we have finished with this pin and another follows.
- When we reach a pin level, we must increase the pressure we are applying to the L-shaped clip a little. For this reason, this clip is our lever. This increase in pressure is in order to keep the pins stable and that there is no excessive movement in these.
If we have maintained patience and work steadily, we will be able to complete this step quickly.
- When we manage to level all the pins, the pressure that we have been applying with the L-shaped clip or our lever will make the lock cylinder turn completely, since it has been released by the mechanism, and in this way will open the lock without the need to apply another action.
- It is important to note that the number of pins is characteristic of the type of lock that we are trying to open, although in reality the range of pins is between 4 to 6 pins.
With the lock already open, we can only operate or turn the knob if the lock contains it, or push the door so that our mission is fully accomplished.
To conclude, if we do not have paper clips, we can use pieces of wire, hairpins or some similar object to which we can give it the same conditioning and the same utility.