How to open a Trabex sheet
Not only locksmiths can help us open a sheet. Good technique and the correct use of tools can give us satisfaction to open it on our own.
This is how using the appropriate tools we can open our plates when we do not have the key or it has become locked, broken, etc. This regardless of the brand to which it corresponds, that is, it does not matter if it is a Trabex plate or any other, because the techniques they show us how to open a Trabex sheet they are not different from the rest. Everything responds to the model of the mechanism.
We will show you below some methods that you can apply to achieve this end.
Open with bumping key
The bumping key technique is universal, because it can be said that with just one of these keys we can open several plates. The secret is that it uses a configuration in the teeth capable of forcing the pistons of the lock and leaving them in open mode.
Bumping keys have become very popular in recent times due to the large number of plates that can be open with this type of keys, a quality that criminals have taken advantage of. That is why for us it is important to highlight that we expose these techniques so that you can solve the problems that may arise with your badges, we do not encourage criminal acts.
- We take the bumping key and insert it into the eye of the sheet, until we reach its deepest point.
- Subsequently, we take a hammer or a resistant object and we will give one or more light but accurate blows on the key so that it completely enters the sheet, so that it can force the pistons.
- Now, we turn the key to open the plate.
If it doesn’t work on the first try, it is ideal to hit it again and turn one more time.
Open with hair pin
Hair pins, also known as hairpins, these bent and flattened metal accessories are an excellent tool for opening trabex veneers.
The pistons are inside the plate and mold to the teeth of the key to be level and allow rotation. The purpose of this hair pin technique is to open the plate by deactivating the pistons. How do we do it?
- First we will prepare the hair pins: we take one and stretch it until it is a flat piece without doubles.
- Then, we remove the plastic tips (if it has them) with pliers, to later bend a centimeter from one of its ends, leaving us at a right angle.
- To finish, we must take the tips and fold it completely in half to create a handle.
We have to prepare the other hair clip. Without stretching it, with pliers, we bend it in half to form an L.
- To open the plate we will insert the second pin with the part bent forward, in the lower area of the key insertion hole, in the plate. This pin will serve as a lever, that is, we are going to turn the pin as if it were the key.
- This movement will only move the sheet metal cylinder a little, but it will be a necessary movement for the success of this technique. We must push and not release the pin as far as the entire procedure is concerned.
- The next step is to insert the first pin that we have prepared with the curved tip facing up. We move it from top to bottom by pushing the pistons that are in the upper half of the eye of the sheet.
- We will move the pistons one by one until they emit a sound (a click), which will indicate that they are no longer in the closed position.
If any piston does not give way, it is possible that we have very pressed the pin that serves as a lever. At this point we loosen that pin a bit and try again.
- Once all the pistons are in the open position the job is done.
Open with printing technique
It is a technique that, despite its short time of recognition, has become very controversial due to the speed and effectiveness of opening the plates.
At first it was designed for the exclusive use of locksmiths, but, with the passage of time and its exposure and sale to the general public, it has become popular.
It is a butterfly-shaped design, which is prepared in such a way that it can be inserted through the eye of the sheet, opening it with just a twist.
The application of the printing technique goes through the following steps:
- We must go through the preparation of the tool that is a kind of kit, since all the elements to use come in a small box. Among these utensils there are some adapters for the butterfly that come in different sizes, which allows it to adapt to the various dimensions of the sheet metal eyes, so it must be identified which wedge we want to open.
- Then we place a silver paper between the utensils next to a mold in the last mentioned, we will roll a piece of the paper and cut at the indicated mark.
- Later, we will turn the mold and introduce the piece of silver paper that we have cut to give it a U shape.
- With this step carried out, we proceed to assemble the tool that we are going to use, in this case, the butterfly.
- We fit the adapter in the eye of the sheet. Then, through the back of the butterfly, we introduce the needle that is also between the utensils.
- On the front part of the butterfly we adjust the silver paper that we have previously prepared on the needle.
- Now we must adjust a little the knob that we find in the upper rear part of the butterfly so that the needle does not come out.
- To conclude, it only remains to insert the butterfly through the eye of the sheet. We loosen the knob and remove the needle. Later we take the two wings of the butterfly and we raise one while we lower the other. We keep moving until we can open the sheet.