How to open a wooden door veneer
Wood is a fairly common material in the manufacture of furniture, kitchen utensils and what interests us so much on this occasion, doors. So it is not surprising that everyone in our home has at least one wooden door, whether it is in the bedroom or in the bathroom.
And, in general, these doors can have different types of veneers. For example, bathroom doors generally have single-knob veneers. that can be opened very easilyWhile some main doors made of wood may even have several types of veneers.
And what happens when we lose the keys? Easy! Open with these methods how to open a wood door veneer that we show you in this article.
Types of veneers on wooden doors
As we mentioned earlier, wooden doors can have different types of veneers and it is important to know them to identify which technique can best be applied to each of them.
It is not very difficult to imagine that the knob plates are those that simply have a knob; which is a metallic ball used to open the sheet once it is turned. The knobs are used both in doors for bathrooms and bedrooms, as well as for offices.
The handles or handles are an opening element that some plates have and that allow a door to be opened without using the key, because just by moving them, the plate opens.
Its mechanism is similar to the previous type of plate, since in some way the knob is a handle. It has a simple and inexpensive mechanism, although this type of plate is usually somewhat more expensive than pommel plates.
Also known as mortise plate, it is a security device made of metal that fits inside the door. They are commonly used on main doors. Unlike the previous two plates, this type does not contain any rotary device to open it! like a knob or a handle, since with the turn of the key it picks up the latch to open the door.
This type of sheet metal has a hook that adjusts the door to its frame. It is also known as parrot beak veneer and is used for sliding doors.
Techniques for opening a wooden door veneer
Here it is important to pay close attention, because these techniques may work better on one type of veneer than another. In the same way we will be specifying if this is the case.
Forcing with tool
This technique can only be used in knob or handle plates, which is to force the plate using a sharp tool; it can be a knife, screwdriver, or other tool that fits into the eye of the sheet metal.
- What we will do now is take the tool and insert it inside the sheet, through its eye. This will be done until the greatest possible depth is obtained.
- Once this is done, we turn the tool as if we were using the wrench. This movement deactivates the part that keeps the mechanism closed.
Use of plastic card
This technique is applicable for knob and handle plates, even if they have safety, but for biscuit plates they can only be used if they do not have the last key.
To use this method we will need a plastic card, we can use a debit or credit card, or a membership card. It is important to take into account that the card can be damaged.
- We take the plastic card and we introduce it in the space that we find between the door and the frame. In this place is the latch, and with the card we will try to move it into the lock.
- But first we must place the card about four to five fingers above the lock.
- We will push the card with force, lowering it until pressing the latch.
- At this time we increase the force that we have previously applied in order to make the latch move.
Use of picks
Using a pick is a technique that takes practice, but is still a good option for opening cookie sheets.
So we need a set of lock picks; we can get it in virtual stores. The lock pick set consists of the tension key; tool that provides stability to the pick; which has a particular shape in L, and the pick, bent straight shape tool at one of its tips.
The pick works by treating the pistons that are inside the sheet, so that when their heights are equalized, it frees the system so that it can open.
We will work inside the sheet, then we must introduce the tools in the eye of this.
- We will start with the tension key, followed by the pick.
- What we will do is push the tension wrench as we go up and down the pick to achieve equalization of the pistons.
- Since we will not have vision, we must educate the pulse and touch well to be able to work the pistons one by one.
The drill technique is very simple to apply and we can use it on any type of sheet metal. The problem is that it is a destructive technique and although destroying the sheet will always be an option, this should be the last alternative.
As always when we talk about destruction, we must work with extreme caution so as not to take any type of risks.
We need as the main tool a drill, a bit; some use a triangular bit for better drilling, although if we do not have one of these, we can use a common bit. What we want is to destroy the mechanism of the plate, so we must fix the aim in the insertion hole of the key and choose the drill that best fits the eye.
- We drill in the eye of the sheet stopping if the drill locks, this to remove the drill and continue. When we drill to the limit that the drill bit allows us, we insert a screwdriver and with that we deactivate the mechanism.