How to open an electrical sheet
Are you having trouble opening your electrical sheet?
An electrical sheet allows us to open a door by means of a remote control or a remote switch. This is because they have an electrical system that, when activated, releases the latch that keeps the door closed.
They are very practical plates because they do not need physical effort to open them, and with the press of a button, we are already inside … or outside.
Of course, this type of badge, although it is not used with keys, has a remote control that allows them to be opened, and if you lost the control and don’t have a spare one, you could be in serious trouble.
How to open an electrical sheet? It may not be as simple as opening a common sheet metal, but even so, it has weak points and consequently can be opened. And we know how, so we will show you some techniques to help you open them.
With a screwdriver
This technique can be applied only in the case that the door does not have a security tab; this is between the door (in the area where it opens) and the frame. The purpose of applying this technique is to access the latch and be able to remove it from its closed position so that you can let the door open.
For the application of the same we need a flat tip screwdriver, which must be of considerable thickness, which withstands the pressure to which it will be subjected.
We must be on the outside of the door to do it:
- We place the flat tip screwdriver between the frame and the door. In the place where the latch is located.
- What we are going to do is apply pressure on the latch so that the tip of the screwdriver gets into its rest hole, also called the strike.
- The next thing will be to push the door so that the latch does not fall back in the same position and we can enter.
This technique works if the sheet metal has a slip, and if the door flange is not sealed.
With a piece of wire
In the same way as in the prior art, the purpose is to move the latch its closed position. In this case, we will do it using a piece of wire.
To perform this technique, it is necessary to have access to the inside of the door. This is due to the shape of the latch, which has a curved area towards the outside of the door, which allows the latch to touch the frame to slide and enter the lock, and then fall into an opening. that contains the door and leave the plate closed.
For this, we will need a piece of wire of approximately 10 centimeters.
- What we do now is take the piece of wire and bend it in a kind of U.
- Then, we introduce it into the space between the door and the frame, so that it surrounds the latch, taking again the two ends of the U that we have made with the piece of wire.
- Now what we do is to forcefully pull these two ends of the metal so that the latch gives way and open the door.
- We must be attentive when the door opens to hold it, thus preventing it from closing again.
Applying an alternate source of electricity
This technique is ideal to open the sheet in case we have an internal electrical failure or a blackout, due to a short circuit, for example. This technique will allow us to open the sheet by creating a circuit between the alternating current and the current source of the sheet or, in this case, a battery.
- We need two switches or switches that allow us to alternate between direct current and alternating current circuits.
There are toggle switches that are ideal for this type of need, but it is essential to know their correct operation so as not to cause a short circuit between the two types of current. Generally, one end of the connection terminals corresponds to one circuit and the other end is destined for the remaining circuit.
- Additional is this, we need a plastic box to keep the switches stable, a few meters of cables, to be able to place the switches.
The length of the cable will depend on the place where we want to connect them, and a clamp to condition the cable.
- In addition, for the connection you need an alternating current source or a battery with sufficient capacity to open the sheet. And one of DC for the amplifier or, as a solution, one that contains both.
- To begin we must drill two holes in the front of the plastic box where we will place the activators of the respective switches. In addition to two holes on the back, to place two screws and fix the plastic box to the wall.
- Now we place the switches, which are stable, we check this by pressing both switches.
- We proceed to make the connections. We have three terminals available in the circuit or some plates are provided with a strip, these terminals will be: common (C), normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC). In standby, the normally closed (NC) and common (C) terminals will be connected through the circuit. When the state changes, it makes contact: normally open (NO) and common (C) driving the plate.
- The wiring will go as follows: a cable is connected from the output of the alternating current source and one of the terminals of the plate, then another cable from the NO terminal to the other terminal of the plate, and then with another cable , connect terminal C with the other output of the alternating current source.
- Then, the connections are made from the outputs to the terminals. We make direct connections from the current source continues to the remaining pins, In such a way that when the switches are placed upwards, the direct current circuit is “activated” and when the pins are lowered, the plate remains operating with alternating current.
The next thing is to operate the opening mechanism. That is, press the button to open with the remote control or operate the switch so that the sheet finally releases the latch.