Which home alarm to choose
Deciding to increase the level of protection of our house is one of the best decisions we will make throughout our lives. For this reason, before buying an alarm, we must think very well about what we want to obtain and how much we are willing to pay for it.
The best alarm for our home will be one that is capable of providing comprehensive protection. This should cover from the access points to the exterior spaces. But in addition, it must offer security at all times; Whether you are at home, or leave the house alone while you work or take a trip.
Before launching to buy an alarm, it is necessary that you carry out an analysis to your home. In it, you must evaluate the characteristics of the home such as location, security conditions, risk points, among others. The priority at all times shall be to find the best alarm, to have a safe home for you and yours. For this reason, it is necessary that you consider the following aspects:
- The alarm system must be adapted to the characteristics of your property.
- Choose an alarm capable of providing warranties and services.
- Evaluate the security technology the alarm system employs.
How many types of alarms are there?
Although in the current market there are an infinity of alarm models, we can include them in 3 standard types:
- Wired: They are the most common, where all its components communicate to the central unit through cables.
- Wireless: Where the central unit and the sensors communicate wirelessly, by means of radio signals.
- Hybrids: Whose central units employ wired and radio sensors.
Even with new technologies, the current market is dominated by wired alarms; The reason is that decades passed until the invention of wireless technology. Although in recent years and thanks to all the technological advances in security, today we can count on alarms wireless with remarkable performances. These models are generally capable of offering more information to consumers; in addition to being easier to install.
For their part, there are manufacturers highly recognized for the multiple services they are capable of providing. Such is the case of Visonic, a brand that enjoys great prestige in Spanish territory for being installed by small companies, as well as by the multinational Tyco Security. With its Power G technology, the Visonic is capable of providing an outdoor range of up to 2000 meters. On the other hand, we have Jeweler technology from Ajax Systems; that like the Visonic has an outdoor range of 2000 meters.
These technological advances are not only intended to increase the coverage range, but also bring improvements in performance; since its energy consumption has been perfected to offer a greater durability of the batteries. As well as improving e increase security in the connectivity between the sensors and the control panel.
How to choose a home alarm
When we choose a home alarm, it is necessary to take into account a series of factors that directly intervene in the selection process, these are: the property to be protected and the alarm system to be installed.
The factors will be in charge of determining which alarm will best suit the needs of our home; which are:
- Residential area security.
- Type of dwelling.
- Property dimensions.
- Number of accesses.
- If there are pets in the house.
After analyzing the previous variables, we can decide which alarm to install; In addition, we can add the accessories that we create that will provide an extra protection and security to our home, such as a telecare service.
Previous considerations: The degree of protection
Before recommending models and brands of alarms, it is necessary that you know the degrees of security established in European regulations. These are classified according to the different environments in which you want a higher or lower level of security. We will explain them in detail below:
- Grade 1- Low risk: They are alarms that do not have a connection to the central station and are usually installed in normally safe places. Thieves generally lack technical knowledge of these systems and commit crimes based on opportunity.
- Grade 2- Low / Medium risk: These alarms can be connected to the central monitoring station and are specially designed for thieves who have acquired technical knowledge and tools to break property. They are typically installed primarily in homes and retail stores.
- Grade 3- Medium / High risk: Designed for places susceptible to crime, due to the fact that they handle large sums of capital; such as jewelry stores, museums, pharmacies, gas stations or betting houses. In general, the thieves who attack these centers usually possess high technical knowledge and specialized tools.
- Grade 4- High risk: They are alarms designed for military installations, money deposits or security companies; Due to the fact that the thieves who incur in these types of places, have expert knowledge and state-of-the-art equipment.
The best alarms for home
Next we will provide you with a list of the best home alarms on the market. To choose, you only need to locate the one that best suits your needs.
Eray alarm with LCD display
This is one of the most popular alarms on the market, due to the great advantages it offers without having to pay monthly fees. It has an easily configurable high-quality system, thanks to its perfectly explained instructions. On the other hand, it is possible to purchase more security sensors if the ones it includes fall short. One of the greatest benefits of this alarm is that it does not emit false positives.
LKM Security alarm
This alarm has passed all safety tests, yielding excellent results. It has a simple system, perfectly linked to the mobile; at the same time it offers 2 motion sensors, 6 sensors for doors or windows, 1 siren, remote control and of course, the central one. All this at a fairly competitive price and without the need to pay monthly fees.
The perfect option to install both on doors and windows. Its installation is extremely simple, as is its magnetic activation. It includes a siren that reaches 100db, which means that it will be heard perfectly throughout the property. As it was not enough, its price does not exceed 30 EUR.
The easiest alarm to install on the market; You just have to remove a sticker, and proceed to stick one part on the door and the other on the frame. The integrated siren is one of the most powerful, once turned on it will emit sounds of up to 130db, so it will be heard perfectly even in adjacent homes. Many people with pets install them in their homes.
Eray M2BX alarm
Another extremely simple alarm to install and configure; although its strength lies in the fact that it is capable of operating for a long time, even without electrical power. During this period, it will also notify you by SMS if there is any breach of security on the property.
Regardless of the model or the type of alarm you choose, the most important thing will be to provide your home with the level of security it needs. In this way you will not only protect your home, but you and your family.
If you still have any doubts about which home alarm to choose, do not hesitate to ask for help from an expert who will gladly help you in the selection process.